Saturday, March 1, 2014


Subject: Awesome week!
Date: February 24, 2014 8:25:02 AM PST

This week was basically the best week of missionary work we've had since I got here. We had tons of awesome lessons and were able to find a few inactive families to teach and got them excited to come back to church again. So yeah, this week was awesome and just kind of flew by. Not sure where it went but I do know that it went great. Also the weather was really warm in the beginning of the week (although it's gotten cold again) so it was pretty awesome for bikes. No snow, to rain, no ice. I love it.

So we were talking to this guy this week (I think he's about 28) and had a great time talking to him, shared a message, etc. Well his Mom is a less-active that we have been teaching and she has told us that all this guy does is go to work and play video games and that he just doesn't have too many friends. Well, we found that out real quick because he never stops talking, which I guess is kinda good because we get to know him and what he needs but at the same time we don't really have an opportunity to teach him anything. But the point of telling you about him is that every once in a while he says some really funny stuff. Like this week he told us that "Heart disease is the number one killer. Retirement is number 2". It made me laugh super hard and made me think of you guys (sorry). So just make sure you stay alive so that I get to see you after my mission ;)

So like I said, this week went by super fast so once again I forgot to write down stuff to tell you about. But on the positive side I still have a little spiritual thought to leave you ;) So Here's Alma 29:9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." This should really be the joy of us all, to help people to repent (or get rid of bad things from their lives) and to help them come unto Christ. We should desire for all people to become the best that they can be, and help them to get there. We can't help people to grow in their lives and to become more like their heavenly father unless we truly desire to help them and show that desire to them through our actions.
Oh. And here's a picture of Elder Sanchez and me at the Kansas City Temple. Thought you might enjoy it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment