Tuesday, April 28, 2015


Sent: Monday, April 6, 2015 8:24 AM
Subject: Banished
 
Update on how I'm feeling. Great. Except every morning and night a sore throat comes back. It's weird because it's gone during the day. Maybe I snore now that I gained weight? Who knows.
 
About staying in Belton with Elder Young, yeah no that isn't the case. I got moved to Trenton MO (about 10 miles from the Amish town of Jamesport) to serve with Elder Wright. It is 100% Boonies. 6000 people in town, no Walmart, it's a branch, and there are signs on the side of the highway that tell you to share the road with horses and buggies.... Yeah I'm in the sticks. The members are sweet here though and there is a lot of work to be done so I'm excited to be here. Elder Wright is a awesome guy. He's from Highland UT, goes home in 3 months, had a massive stroke when he was 16 for no good reason so he can't use the right side of his body super well. But we are excited to be serving together here in Trenton. Oh and we get to drive a truck here. It's pretty nice :)
 
No I didn't get the Easter envelope yet. It probably got delayed because of Easter. I'm sure I'll get it soon. Remember to send the cookies through Priority Mail or else they will sit in the Mission Office for a few weeks before they get to me way out here in Trenton. And thank you for be willing to send me some cookies and a letter :)
 
With Easter just passing I thought of Ether 12:11 (which I know I've shared before) which says "But in the gift of His Son hath God prepared a more excellent way". I think each one of us could spend a little more time each and every day thinking of the wonderful gift that Jesus Christ is to each of us and how through him we have the opportunity to return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that as we do this that our relationship with God and Jesus Christ will grow stronger and that our understanding of the Atonement will grow. By the way, if you haven't seen it already (but I'm sure you have) look up becausehelives and watch it. Or go to helives.mormon.org and you can find it there.
 
Jamesport, the Amish town, is in our Branch boundary so hopefully I'll get some good pictures there to show you. I hope you all have a great week. I Love You!
 
     -Elder Nyholm
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment