Tuesday, April 7, 2015


Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 7:57 AM
 
This week has gone suuuuuuper well. Definitely one of the more successful weeks of my mission. We were able to meet with the majority of our investigators more than once during the week which really helped them to progress. It was such a great week that we almost didn't even have enough time to see all the people we did need to see. Being that busy feels pretty darn good as a missionary. No time to think about home. No time to be frustrated with your companion. Just 100% focus on the people you are teaching with nothing else on your mind. Hopefully we will be able to keep this up. Time goes pretty darn quick when you are this busy as well.
One of our investigator families works as the docents at the Belton Museum. It's a tiny little museum. I think the coolest display they showed us though was the display for Carry A Nation. I guess a few decades ago her life got pretty ruined because her husband was a raging alcoholic and alcohol ruined the lives of several friends that she had as well. Well as a result, she would go into bars and saloons with a hatchet and just chop up the whole place. So she was a pretty savage lady and I guess she is buried here in Belton somewhere.
We have been working with a family lately who really likes to eat Bacon Explosion (Basically a Beef and Sausage meatloaf wrapped in a lattice of Bacon and then smoked for several hours). So we got to eat some really awesome food. That morning the Ward also put on a pancake breakfast so we were able to get super stuffed that day. Oh and the person who actually signed up to feed us dinner brought us to Chinese Buffet. I think I've developed a hollow leg on my mission. I quite enjoy it :) To be honest, Elder Young and I have started waking up 30 mins early each day so that we can go run 2 miles. Maybe that's why all this food isn't making me fat.
I went on an exchange this week with Elder Torrico, one of the missionaries that I've come to enjoy the most in the mission. We had a sweet exchange together, got invited to a BBQ by a guy we just randomly met. It turns out that this guy just happens to be the son of a guy in Grandview whose wife was a super solid member but who just passed away recently. Actually, Old Keith from Grandview was the one who invited us into his son's home. It was a pretty sweet miracle.
This week I've also had the opportunity to use my Spanish a little bit. There is a Spanish Family that we've been teaching that loves to have us over to feed us. So this week I had a few hours to talk with them and got fed Tacos de Pollo (chicken) y Nopales (cactus), chicken mole, and homemade flan. I think Mexican food has really become my favorite food to eat. I just can't seem to stop eating it when people feed it to us.
As for the planes at home, I gave Dad a lesson on everything before I left. He even made an Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of everything so that he wouldn't forget haha. I guess that doesn't help if he forgot that he made the spreadsheet and everything. He should at least be able to fly his little Champ though. Unless he managed to mangle that one too bad while I've been gone ;)
I Love You Too Asher!!
We as missionaries love to put pictures on the front of our planners so they aren't so dang boring. Well I couldn't find any pictures that I liked in Ensigns or LDS.org so I made my own. I think Paul will recognize the pictures actually...
This week I came across D&C 6:34,36 while I was making one of the planner covers. It says "Fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I really love this scripture because it helps me to realize that we never have need to fear or to doubt, God is on our side. If we build ourselves upon a foundation in Christ then no trial in our life will be able to tear down our faith. Many times in our lives we have trials that cause our testimonies to shake and waver, but if our testimonies are founded in correct principals then they will never fail.
 Well that's about all I have to write about. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I Love You!
    -Elder Nyholm
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment