Monday, May 11, 2015


Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 6:58 AM
 
Well there's not much to talk about today because I already talked to you yesterday. This week we just did lots of service and stuff so that was pretty fun. Today for P-Day we are going to the Wright's in Cainsville to make knives out of railroad spikes so we should have quite a bit of fun.
 
If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. When I got on the phone with you yesterday it was pouring rain. It was raining so hard that I almost had to stop on the highway because I couldn't see in front of me even with the windshield wipers going as fast as they go. Not to mention the lightning that was hitting right close to us. Well, by the time I walked outside after talking to you, everything was dry, blue skies and white clouds, and probably about 70 degrees. Honestly, just wait a minute, the weather will change.
 
We found 2 solid new investigators this week. We were getting in the truck and we saw a guy across this big field. Usually if we walk up to someone and they see us coming then they just yell at us to go away. With that in mind...
"Hey Elder Wright, do you want to go talk to that guy?"
"Well not really, he'll see us coming"
"Yeah, then he'll yell at us and it will just be a waste of time"
"And it's getting dark so he won't want us to be walking up on him"
*Thinking for a minute*
"Well lets just go talk to him. Worst that can happen is he'll tell us to go away"
So we went and talked to him and he was actually super nice. Turns out that his Dad was a Branch President in a town about 40 miles away and this guy really likes the church even though he grew up Catholic. So now we are teaching him. The miracles that come from Talking to Everybody, even when you really don't want to.
 
During the week I read two scriptures that I really liked. The first, Hebrews 12:11 says "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." I was thinking about how the Lord often chastises us, either through trials that he allows to be placed in our path, or through the words of those around us such as our parents. Each one of us has times in our lives when we feel we have been chastised and I know that often times those are the times when we have made a decision to become better and improve our character. In addition, in D&C 95:1 the Lord says "whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with the chastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things out of temptation, and I have loved you". I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and as a result is willing to chastise us to help us to change in order to keep us safe from temptation and trial.
 
Well that's it for the week. I Love You! Make it a great week!
 
    -Elder Nyholm
 
These are pictures of my $1.25 suit, a plant with purple flowers that is supposedly a weed (Prettiest weed I've ever seen), and my fried chicken that I didn't burn :)
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment