Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 2:50 PM
 
So this week has been just a little bit nuts. Monday through Wednesday we were packing for Elder Wright. It was a pretty boring and unproductive few days. We also went and visited a bunch of the members so he could say bye to them and tell them he was going home. Thursday he took off back to Highland Utah and I grabbed Elder Maaelopa who is now my companion. Elder Maaelopa is from American Samoa, plays rugby, has biceps the same size as my thighs, and loves to eat (except for pasta). He's been on his mission for about 14 months. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks with him.
This week we are also moving into the Sister Missionaries old apartment and they are moving into a new one right next to our old one. The problem is, they can't live in the new one yet and we have to be out of ours by midnight tomorrow so I think we will end up staying with a member for a few days while we wait for them to get permission to live in their new apartment. Today was just full of moving and stuff. It doesn't feel productive or useful but I guess it just has to be done.
We are almost into July and it still hasn't heated up too much. It rains most of the week every week it seems like. Some people don't like it but it keeps the sky overcast and therefore keeps the temperature down a little bit. The humidity gets pumped up but I'd rather have more humidity and less heat than high heat and still a lot of humidity.
This morning I was reading in Mosiah 15 and verse 9 stuck out to me. It says labout Jesus Christ "having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and satisfied the demands of justice". I really loved it because it made me remember President Packer's talk about the Mediator. That Jesus Christ has paid our debt therefore He has fulfilled justice, and that we may be forgiven of our sins, thus being extended mercy. It is awesome to me that our Heavenly Father has laid out such a perfect plan for us and that he has made it possible for us to return to him despite our shortcomings and mistakes.
That's sweet that Paul is going to build one of those teardrop trailers. I think that would be a pretty fun project. While I have been out here in the country I see a lot of stuff that people have made in their own shops at home. It's giving me a lot of ideas of stuff to build while I am at BYU and have free access to all the equipment in the labs there haha. I wouldn't think one of those trailers would be too hard to build though and I think you can find all the plans online from what I remember. I'm kind of bummed that I won't be there to help build it. But if Paul can wait then I will definitely help out :)
This week we went and helped pull a V8 engine and transmission out of a 1990's truck. It was a pretty fun project and we learned a lot from doing it. We also learned its probably easier just to take the them out separately rather than together. So now we know.
Thats pretty much it for the week. I hope everything is going well for you all. I Love You!
          -Elder Nyholm  
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment