Wednesday, July 8, 2015


Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 6:36 AM
Subject: My first dying companion
 
Well, Elder Wright dies this week. He ships back off to Highland, Utah on Friday. So we have a lot of packing in front of us. It's going to be super weird for me to see someone actually going home because I've never had to be around people going home before. But his 2 years is up so see ya buddy. So that means that I'll get a new companion on Thursday so wish me luck that I get a good one :) Elder Wright was a super great companion so the odds are not in my favor. It seems like I always get a companion that I have a really hard time with right after I have a companion that I've gotten along with well.
 
Yeah we just wrote to you so I don't know how much more I'll be able to add to this letter. Sorry.
 
Saturday we went to Ridgeway (47 miles away) to do service with a new family in the Branch. Well it was like 97 degrees or something like that and they had no A/C and their ceiling fan didn't work so that was a problem. Luckily we fixed their fan and put in one of those tiny little A/Cs that goes into the window and plugs into the wall so that should help them out a bit. Also, Angus Wright came to do service with us (he's 17) and he found an airsoft gun and blasted the heck out of me. Luckily they don't hurt too bad but I have to admit I do have a few little welts on my back and legs. It was a fun time though trying to escape him, reminds me of the days when we used to have airsoft wars in Young Mens.
 
After we did service in Ridgeway we went and planted corn and beans with Angus at his house in Cainsville. Luckily we beat the storm so that stuff should be popping up pretty soon. I don't know if I've told you but Missouri is GREEN. Everywhere you look is just green green green. It's kind of weird after living by the brown California hills for so long.
 
Yesterday was Father's Day so the Primary kids brought all the men brownies. Luckily the missionaries count as "men" so we got some too. Also, there were lots of extras so we got to snag some of those. They were pretty great brownies :)
 
Another cool scripture that I found in Isaiah that I really like is Isaiah 54:10 "For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed". I thought that was such a cool verse because it really shows the extent of the love and mercy that our Heavenly Father has for us. With all the crazy trials and events that go on around us, our Heavenly Father still loves us. That will never change. It's a promise that He has given to us and His promise can never be taken away. Even through our mistakes He will always love us and be there for us to help us to become better and correct those mistakes that we have made in our life.
 
This is for you Mom. Tips for studying Isaiah: Read these,
Study the Bible Maps
Highlight/Underline as you go
Study out of Isaiah, not out of the Isaiah Chapters in the Bom. The footnotes explain more when you read it out of the Bible
Always look for what the City he is talking about represents (Babylon=Wickedness, Lebanon=Pride, Canaan=Idolatry, etc...)
 
To answer your question about P-Day and the Temple. We have to go to the temple on P-Day. However, the temple is closed on Monday so we switch our P-Day to whatever day we go. So last week my P-Day was on Thursday.
 
Well I think that's it. Love you! Have a great week.
 
     -Elder Nyholm

No comments:

Post a Comment