Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 12:49 PM
Subject: See you Friday!!!
 
This week went pretty dang quick for reasons that are probably pretty obvious :) I really don't even remember what happened this week for the most part but I guess I can give you some highlights that I do remember, but it will probably be pretty short. Sorry. 
 
On Monday last week we were able to teach Dominic again and it went super well. We just talked about the BoM with him and committed him to read it every day so we are praying that he is following up with that. He's an awesome kid and I love teaching him and I'm really going to miss him when I leave. 
 
On Friday we were able to meet with Roy again and it went really well. We mostly just talked about faith and its purpose in our lives and how it can help us to receive answers to our prayers. But the super extra great part is that agreed to let us "practice" the lessons with him so we will have to see how that goes. I don't know if I've told you about Roy before but he is a New Testament mastermind so it super fun to meet with him and learn from him as he strives to learn from us as well.
 
On Sunday we went all over the place and said goodbye to a lot of people and the biggest problem was that I told all of them that I was coming and so all of the them made dessert.... So we had apple crisp, chocolate chip cookies, mint ice cream, chocolate cake, and brownies all after dinner. I was stuffed, but it felt pretty good still haha. I love dessert. 
 
Alma 37: 37 says "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." I love the the fact that if we follow Gods counsel in all the we do then we can never go wrong. He will never lead us astray. I know that as we pray to Him for guidance and counsel that He will give us the strength and direction that we need in life to be able to return to Him one day. 
 
This Tuesday we get to go to our wards Fall Festival Chili Cookoff so I will get to see everyone again before I go. So I'm pretty dang excited for Tuesday haha. 
 
As you probably noticed, I'm trying to flood you with pictures before I get home. I hope it's working real good :) I can't think of anything else to write right now so I'll leave you with this for now and add whatever comes to mind during the rest of the day. I love you! Can't wait to see you on Friday! Make it a great week and Keep Smiling :)
 
       - Elder Nyholm

No comments:

Post a Comment