Friday, June 20, 2014

Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 7:47 AM
Subject: Its that time again.
 
This week I get to find out if I will be spending another 6 months in the Garden of Eden or no. I really hope I get to stay here because I love the ward members and the people that we are teaching. Elder Parry is also a great companion so I'm not to keen on getting a new companion either. Since I love the area so much I will probably get moved though, so I guess I'll just hope for the worst and then be pleasantly surprised if I get to spend another transfer in the area.
 
Hahaha if I were at home during church this week I would be laughing. Dad as the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric? Now at least he will have to stop doing so many projects around the house and have to focus on other stuff that won't allow him to fall off a roof or chop his fingers off. That's always a bonus huh? Anyways, congratulations Dad! Have a great time and remember to follow the spirit. The Lord qualifies those that he calls.
 
Well, I found out that Kansas City is like Disc Golf Central. Last week Elder Parry and I bought a few disks and went and played on P-Day. I was super nervous because we went straight through some poison Ivy looking stuff. Part of the course was in the forest so I was sure that I was going to have Poison Ivy, ticks and chiggers up the wazoo but we all got lucky and I guess the plant wasn't poison ivy after all. And I got extra lucky and didn't get any chiggers at all. Everyone else got a few. I guess I don't taste too good.
 
Well, we had Stake Conference this Sunday and it was awesome! First Stake Conference I can honestly say that I have ever enjoyed, probably because I am a missionary. The adult session was all based on Hastening the Work (I think everyone's probably is) and it was just a great spiritual meeting. One quote I really liked was that "The Savior reserves the full measure of His spirit for those who are fighting on the front lines". It just really stuck out to me because those that are constantly sharing the Gospel will constantly feel the influence of the spirit. If we feel like we need to feel the spirit more in our lives then we should fight for what we believe in. Go on team-ups with the missionaries. I can promise that you will feel the spirit there. Invite your friends to ward activities or other church meetings and TESTIFY of the blessings that you have received from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Give Christ a reason to provide you with the guidance of his spirit. You never get something for nothing.
 
Mom sent me a nice big box of cookies this week. It really helps me to not have to spend money on food. I just eat 2 cookies for breakfast, 2 cookies for lunch, a dinner with members, and 2 more cookies for bedtime snack. It's perfect! I figure that the cookies have pumpkin in them so they should be healthy enough to eat all the time :D Dont worry though mom, I try to eat something else healthy every day, so you can still send me more cookies if you want.
 
That's it for the week. I'll let you know if I get transferred. Have a great week. Love You All!
 
    Love
        -Elder Nyholm

No comments:

Post a Comment