Monday, July 28, 2014

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:57 AM
Subject: My Birthday Week
 
Yes mom it was a pretty swell Birthday celebration. And yes the members here are awesome. I think that there are at least a few that will be sad to see me go (since I'm probably getting transferred on Thursday, I find out for sure on Tuesday). It sure does feel good to be loved in the ward where you are serving though. If the ward members don't like you then it'll probably be a pretty rough time haha. Yes I got 1 "I love old people shirt" (the black one is on backorder) and BANG, and a care package, and the lialda. Thank you for everything :D
 
The 19th of July was pioneer day and of course they do it big here in Independence MO so we had a pretty good celebration. The Polys in our ward cooked up a nice big 260-300 lb pig for lunch so that was a pretty nice sight to behold. We got there too late to see the thing whole because Elder Parry and I were busy at a "training meeting for trainers" which brings up the next point... yes I will be training a new missionary this coming transfer so yeah... that should be an experience. But hey, I'll attach some pictures from Pioneer Day.
 
That's awesome that Brady gives people wet willys now. Way to go Andrew :D
 
I remember saying something a while back about how useless I thought planning was since we never ever get to follow our plans anyways. Well, Sister Erikson who is about to go home on Thursday said something during our District Meeting that kinda hit me. She said "Life is all about how you handle Plan B". Now that I think about it, life never ever goes how we want it to or how we plan for it to. We just have to trust in God and work with Plan B. I guess what really matters is what Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith". Really it doesn't matter where Plan B takes us, as long as we remain firm in the faith of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
 
Oh and by the way, we had turned 2 of our investigators over to a set of sister missionaries about 2 or 3 weeks ago because they are girls. Well, we have a baptism scheduled for Wednesday night now for Erika Pujols, and her sister and friend aren't following too far behind. So that was our bit of exciting news for the week. And for whoever looked at that last name and thought of Albert Pujols (the baseball player), yeah they are second cousins or something (which I've heard is a bit unfortunate).
 
But that's about it. Everything is going great. Love you all! Have a great week!
 
    Love
         -Elder Nyholm
 




 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment