Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 9:33 AM
Subject: A Bit of Change
 
Sooo this week went pretty great. We are continuing to work with several investigators who are pretty promising, are progressing well and look like they might be getting baptized in the next 2 weeks or so. We've been getting tons of ward support so we have a member at almost every single scheduled teaching appointment that we have, which makes a huge difference in the progress of those whom we are teaching. I have really come to love the Hill Park Ward and I'm pretty worried for when I have to leave because I love the people here so much. But the day will come so I might as well start preparing for it. The big change this week was that we got a new Mission President. President Vest arrived on Saturday to start directing and leading the Mission. So it's a pretty big change for us missionaries. I think time will go by really really quick for the next few weeks as we start getting new instruction from President Vest.
 
Yes Mom, we are on bikes this week. I'm not excited in the slightest. It's starting to get pretty warm here, but worse than that, its starting to get pretty stinking humid. It's always bad when someone gets out of the car and their glasses fog up haha. I figure all I have to do is survive a week and then I get the car again and all is well. Keeping that good positive thought in your mind can keep you going pretty well.
 
We were at a member baptism on Friday and the person giving the talk about the Holy Ghost said a quote I really liked, which was that "God doesn't care where you've been. He cares where you are and where you are going". It was a great thought for me because I think a lot of times when we are called by the Lord to do something we can start to feel very inadequate or unworthy for the position that we've been called to. I think it's just important to always remember that as long as we are doing our best now, and as long as we are continually striving to become better, that we are worthy and adequate to serve in the position that the Lord has called us to. Along with that, President Keyes had us all on a conference call before he left and as a last word of advice before President Vest came in he told us "Serve the Lord, He is our Captain". As long as we serve our Lord, our Savior, our Captain Jesus Christ we will be headed in the right direction. We will be continually improving our lives and the lives of others and we will see the blessings that that service and obedience brings into our lives.
 
Well that's about it for the week. Great week with big changes. Change is good in the mission I think. It really helps to keep us focused and on top of things. So we will see how it goes. Have a great week. Love You!
 
      -Elder Nyholm 

No comments:

Post a Comment