Friday, August 22, 2014

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 9:02 AM
Subject: Subject
 
Well time just keeps flying on by on my end. I feel like a just wrote an e-mail home yesterday. But it's been a whole week I guess. Time flies when you're on a mission. It's starting to get hot and humid here but its all good because we have the car for the next two weeks starting today. So we will be pretty safe from the weather. I really like our bike weeks during weeks when it rains (like this week). For some odd reason I really enjoy riding my bike when it's pouring rain or snowing (Elder Drinkall doesn't like it so much though).
 
Words of Wisdom for new seminary students. Don't sleep the whole time. And don't give my Mom a hard time ;) Treats are only good if you give them to the students AFTER seminary or else they don't pay attention the whole time.
 
Training is going well. Yes mom I am still training Elder Drinkall, they haven't fired me quite yet. Elder Drinkall is really proactive and willing to learn and work so training him isn't really a problem at all. 
 
I think it's kinda nuts that Spencer is coming home already. I feel like we were all eating at Tucano's together right before I came out here. Shouldn't he have another year or so left? The other day I watched a little segment of a church video in Portuguese because I had heard that it is suuuuper similar. Well it is because I could understand almost everything that was said in the video.
 
So Erika's friend Shannah got Baptized on Saturday so Elder Drinkall and I got to go over to Independence for the baptism. It was a pretty great experience and Shannah's parents (who I had never met before) came to the baptism and I think they had a really good experience also. Hopefully that will make a new teaching opportunity for the Sisters in the ward down there. I don't know if I ever told you but the only reason we ever started to teach Erika and Lily and Shannah is because Erika's mom came into the Independence Visitors Center to get a blessing because she got poison ivy real bad. Believe it or not, even poison ivy can bring blessings ;)
 
I've been studying the Doctrine and Covenants a lot for my personal study. I came across D&C 58 which I found out is revelation specifically for missionaries serving in Jackson County Missouri. It kinda hits home to you when you are serving your mission in the exact place that the Lord is talking about. There are a lot of cool promises made and a lot of cool blessings promised. And some additional commandments for those serving in the area. Maybe something good to read during your scripture study. It was for me.
 
A scripture that I've been thinking about a lot lately is Ether 12:11 "Wherefore, by faith was the law of Moses given. But in the gift of his Son hath God prepared a more excellent way; and it is by faith that it hath been fulfilled." I feel like I have gained a much stronger testimony and appreciation for the Atonement while I have been out on my mission. The thing that always sticks out to me thought is that without Christ and his sacrifice we really wouldn't have a life after this one. There would be no point to the creation and "God would cease to be God". But Christ did live, Christ did die for us and Christ did overcome death for us. Now each and every single one of us will live again. Now each and every one of us has the opportunity to live with our families for eternity and to live with God again. All that "was" and "is" and "will be" possible is made possible in and through Jesus Christ. So again "In the gift of his Son hath God prepared a more excellent way" and I love Him and His Son for it.
 
There's not really much more news for the week. We are just chuggin' along. Have a excellent week everyone. I Love You!
 
     Love
        -Elder Nyholm
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment