Sunday, March 15, 2015


Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 8:29 AM
 
It’s been a pretty good time here for the last week. I'm really coming to love Elder Young. He's a super great guy and he's super diligent and hard working. It's nice to have solid example of a companion. I don't feel like I've really had that for a while. So it's definitely a nice change. Not to mention I don't have leadership responsibilities so I have more time to focus on the people we teach, which feels a lot better.
Well it pretty much was just junky weather all week but we made the best of it. With a lot of clothes and a lot of member rides we got through it. I'm just hoping that by the time our next walk week rolls around that we will have some nice weather coming in. I think it was about the middle of March last year that it started warming up and stopped snowing so hopefully it will be about the same this year. I'm really not a fan of walking in the snow. The nice part about walking though is that we (My companion and I) have a lot more time to talk and get to know each other which kind of makes getting along a lot easier. So there is a plus to it all.
Mom, it's nice that about 2/3 of your seminary class actually does scripture mastery. I sure wish I did. On a good note, I can still say the first two from New Testament that I learned my Freshman year. I guess if I had learned them all in the first place maybe they all would of stuck. But since I didn’t, I just keep a little cheat sheet in the front of my scriptures so that I'm still good to go during lessons. I kind of like not having to rely on my memory anyways. It doesn't seem to work too well a lot of the time, which you probably noticed as I was growing up. Especially when you told me that the lawn needed to be mowed and the garbage needed to be taken out........
This week we had a Baptism for a previously ex-communicated member. That was a pretty awesome experience and she is super happy to be able to start over again. She is really an awesome lady and has done a lot to change her life. And Sister Davies gave an awesome talk at the baptism. GO SISTER DAVIES. She was a little nervous as it was her first time ever giving a talk but she did super duper awesome :)
Funny moment. After it snowed we went around with the other Elders in our ward and shoveled a bunch of driveways. We have one family in our ward who always loves to give us hot chocolate but the wife is sick and the husband just had surgery on his shoulder so neither one of them could shovel the walks. Well we went over and shoveled the whole thing and then went up to the door to see if we could share a quick message and he opened the door and said "Come in Elders. And thanks for shoveling the driveway last week. Don't worry about doing it tonight though." Elder Young and I just looked at each other and kept as straight of faces as we could because we had already shoveled the darn thing and he didn’t see it because there were four of us standing in his way hahaha. I think he was probably still pretty happy to walk outside the next day and see that it was all clear.
I was reading through Helaman 5 the other day and verse 41 really stuck out to me where it says "...You must repent, and cry unto the voice, even until ye shall have faith in Christ...". I just thought that it was interesting this scripture shows that repentance and prayer lead to faith. Usually in the church would look at repentance as an act of faith and that we only repent after we have already developed faith. However, I love that this basically says that we should be repenting before we even develop a firm faith and that our repentance, and prayer, will lead to a firm faith in Christ. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that repentance is made possible and that through repentance and prayer we will develop faith in Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.
Well all in all this week went pretty darn fantastic. Make it a great week. I love you!
     -Elder Nyholm

No comments:

Post a Comment