Thursday, March 26, 2015


Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 8:33 AM
 
This week we were actually really successful even though I was stuck inside for two days for being sick. Bro Fuller brought me over to Urgent Care on Saturday so now I've got some good potent medicine and feel pretty great. It feels good to be able to breathe through both nostrils after about a month of not being able to.
So we've got these two crazy neighbors who accused some of the past missionaries in our area of doing some stuff so now we probably have to move out of our apartment. We had a fun day on the phone on Friday trying to clear up the whole mess but now we are set to go. Our landlord told us he would rather kick out our neighbors than us because he has never had complaints about us before and our payments are always early. It sure is worth it to have payments in on time. But I'm pretty sure Pres Vest is just going to move us anyways so that he/we don't have to deal with the situation at all. So we'll see what happens in the next week or so.
Our Bishop told us an awesome story about when he was in the Navy in Vietnam and they had to make an emergency landing in Okinawa in the dark with no lights on the landing strip and no fuel left. It was a pretty sweet story and really showed the strength of his testimony in the Gospel. So I was really glad that he was willing to share that experience with us.
Oh we also went to the Kansas City Zoo last week on P-Day. It only cost us $6 to get in because we are residents so that was pretty sweet. It wasn't a huge Zoo but it was still pretty cool and it was extra fun because we didn't have to wear proselyting clothes. The biggest problem though was that it actually turned out to be a pretty hot day and we didn't bring water bottles, which wouldn't have been a problem except for that all the drinking fountains were closed for winter so there was absolutely no place to get water, unless you wanted to pay like $3 which I'm too cheap to do soooo... Yeah it was still pretty fun though :)
It's kind of crazy how fast time is flying by over here. This transfer it almost over already so I might be gone from Belton in a week and a half. I really have come to love all the members and our investigators over here so I will be a little bummed if I have to leave but at the same time I know that I'll get called to where the Lord wants me to go.
This week Mosiah 4:30 stuck out to me which says "But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not". I think the command to remember is one of the most important commands that we hear in the scriptures. Most of the problems we have in life come from the fact that we forget that we are children of God, that He loves us and wants what is best for us, and that our actions bring definite consequences. I know that as we remember the importance of living the Gospel and strive to be examples of Christ in all that we do that we will see immediate blessings in our lives.
We have several investigators that we are teaching that are on/approaching a baptismal date. It's super awesome to be a missionary and to be able to see that change that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings into the lives of those around you. We get to meet so many people every day of varying faiths, all of which can see the blessing that God has brought into their lives. It's an amazing experience being able to be a guide to help others to come to a more concrete belief in the Savior and his Atonement. It's definitely an experience that I would never trade for anything in the world.
Well that's pretty much it for the week. I don't really have much more interesting stuff to talk about. I hope all is going well for you! Make it a great week! I Love You!
        -Elder Nyholm
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment