Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 8:23 AM
 
So this week has been pretty rough. Last week I got sick. Tuesday I got better. Saturday I woke up with a sore throat again. And now I am sick again. So yeah, it's pretty rough doing missionary work when it hurts to talk and you can't breathe through your nose. But I guess it's just another one of those learning experiences that will help me to become a better and more hard working person in the future. At least the weather is super nice now and looks like it should be good for the next two weeks or so. I think it's supposed to be in the 60s for the next few days. Spring is coming and I'm pretty excited for it.
This week we were able to schedule Cooper, a 9 year old boy, on baptismal date. Missionaries have been working with him and his family for the last several months so we are praying that all will go well and he will be baptized on April 18. We are pretty excited for him and he is super excited that he will be able to be baptized.
Most exciting part of the week. We were able to go with Pat Davies to do baptisms in the Kansas City Temple for her first time. She was able to do the work for her grandma and great-grandma and Elder Young did the work for her grandpa and great-grandpa. It was a super awesome experience to be able to go with her to do that. She told me she was going to call you and tell you about it so she's probably already called you or will call you pretty soon.
This week we also did exchanges with the Grandview Elders and so Elder Hansen came to Belton with me. We had a super fun time and learned a lot from each other and had some pretty good success that day. I used to hate exchanges but I've come to really enjoy them over the last 2 or 3 months. I better like them because Elder Young has to conduct 5 exchanges every single transfer in this district. That means an exchange per week. It's a heck of a lot of exchanges so it's a good thing I am starting to enjoy them.

This morning I watched the Finding Faith in Christ video during studies. There was one part that really stuck out to me where a woman caught in adultery is brought to Christ and Christ is asked what her punishment should be. Christ says "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone". As we know, everyone leaves and Christ is left with the woman. There is some dialogue and Christ says "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more". I just thought it was so cool that Christ is so quick to forgive us for our mistakes. But that forgiveness is made completely conditional on whether we "Sin no more". Repentance can be a long process but it is a process of growth, and growth never comes easy. But I know that as we truly repent of our mistakes every day, and "go and sin no more", that we can grow to become more like our Heavenly Father.
I'm not really sure what else to write about. Let me know what else you want me to write about in future letters and I'll try to write more. Thank you for everything you do. I Love You! Make it a great week!
        -Elder Nyholm
This is a picture of us and Pat at the temple

 

No comments:

Post a Comment