Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 6:52 AM 
 
This week went pretty swell. We had a baptism on Saturday for Sam and Donna. It was a super great baptismal service and the spirit was there super strong. Jason (the son) will get baptized on June 13th and Jim will get baptized when he gives up smoking. We just gave him some cinnamon flavored toothpicks which are supposed to help somehow. We'll see. I have pretty high hopes for him :) But yeah, that was definitely the highlight of the week.
 
To answer your questions, I am still with Elder Wright. Elder McLaws just got moved. I never remember Ruby bringing flan at Christmas time so now I am really bummed that I missed it. That stuff is so dang good.
 
We had the All Mission Conference on Friday. Elder Clark from the Seventy came and spoke to us. no we did not get "devices" but supposedly we will get them this Friday. I'm thinking it'll actually be another year or so. Elder Clark was a dang good speaker. The best speaker I've heard since I've been on my mission. We had no breaks so it was 5.5 hours of sitting in one spot. Here's the breakdown. 1 hour of device training, half hour of rebuking, 4 hours of marriage and dating advice. And that's pretty much it. My favorite tip was to bring my perspective wife on a hike of Mt Timpanogas. "If she complains, dump her, no one needs a complainer". Then he told us "I really quite like your mission president. He happens to have less hair than I do". Hahaha the guy was hilarious.
 
This coming week we will be having a Hawaiian Luau as a Branch Missionary Activity. We are going to roast two whole hogs in the ground and have Polynesian dancers there. We are planning on 350-400 people in attendance. I'm pretty excited :) I suggested that the dancers should teach the entire group the Haka and have everyone perform it at the same time. Can you imagine 400 people doing the Haka? I think we would scare the rest of Trenton away.
 
Well this week I'm going to give you an excerpt from the talk I gave on Sunday about missionary work and then I'll send you the whole talk.---As quoted by Elder Holland “There is no battle more crucial and evident “than that being waged for the minds and morals, the personal purity of the young.” Satan knows that the youth are the future of this Church, that they are our future Bishops, Teachers, Quorum and Class Presidents, that they are our Future Missionaries. But in order for us to win this battle for the purity of Youth we must follow the instructions stated in Mosiah 18:9 to “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in”. By doing so, we support and encourage the youth of our generation to prepare to serve as member and full-time missionaries; We help those who will come after us to flood the Earth with The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and the wonderful blessings that it has to offer us.---
 
There you go. Now hopefully you will just read my whole talk. Don't worry I didn't just look down and read the whole thing :) I'll send it in a different e-mail though because this church computer doesnt have MS word.... Well I'll try to just send the file, I don't think you'll be able to open it though...
 
Well I think that's about it for the week. Looking forward to next week. Love Ya!
 
    -Elder Nyholm
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment