Thursday, September 10, 2015


Sent: Monday, August 10, 2015 10:30 AM
 
So I messed up again and forgot to write down all the interesting stuff that happened this week so this might be a little bit shorter email. 
 
I assumed that I would get transferred on Thursday so we spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday visiting members and investigators who I've grown really close to over the past few months. I'm really glad that we did that because I did end up being transferred. I am now serving with Elder Cope in the Lees Summit 2nd ward. Elder Cope is pretty new to the mission. This is his 7th week out. He's from St George and he's a really cool guy and a very diligent missionary. I'm excited to be serving with him this transfer. 
 
I do really miss the Trenton Branch though. I don't miss the area one bit. But I do miss the members a heck of a lot. When they are so few members in your branch you grow really close to them really quick so I really miss them all. There are good members here in Lees Summit as well though so it's OK :)
 
This is the first area where I've lived with a member. We live with Bro Snider and he's an awesome guy. He's super funny and really likes to talk so sometimes we have to sneak away a little bit but it's all good. I think I'm really going to enjoy living here. 
 
We've been able to see most of the recent converts and investigators since I've been here. There are a lot of really great people that we are teaching who I am excited to continue working with.
 
Funny experience this week. I went and bought some food on Thursday since we can't bring much food from area to area. Well I bought some ice cream and then we went straight to dinner with a family in our war d that has 12 kids. I asked them if I could put the ice cream in their freezer and they said yes. Then after dinner they busted out the ice cream and gave it to all 16 of us for dessert hahahaha. Elder Cope looked at me and started laughing and kind of whispered "thanks for the ice cream Elder". So I figured that they really must enjoy ice cream and just left them with the rest of the carton. That's what I get for asking a member to store my ice cream for me haha. 
 
Mom I am getting your emails. I hope Paul didn't send my birthday card back to Trenton because I won't get it there since I've been transferred. I'll call the office though and have them call those elders to get them to send the card back to me though if that's the case. It will all work out :) 
 
The scripture that stood out to me this week was Alma 36:3 when Alma is talking to his son Helaman and says "I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day". The part where it says "supported IN their trials" really helped me to realize that God doesn't just take our problems way from us. However, he does give us the strength to work through them. We could never learn and grow if we were not given opportunities to work out our own problems. No one likes trials, but the truth of the matter is that without them we would never be able to progress and develop and become more like our Heavenly Father. As Paul says "I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong"
 
Well I think that's about it for the week. I love you. Make it a great week!
 
     Love
         -Elder Nyholm

No comments:

Post a Comment