Friday, September 25, 2015

Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 7:20 AM
This week was pretty darn uneventful. The week still went by really quick but it didn't feel like we got a whole lot done. It almost seemed like everyone was on vacation which would be really weird for this time of year. But we still got a little bit done so it's ok. 
 
On Monday last week we ended up going to the Kansas City Plaza as a district for P-Day. The plaza has a pretty fun atmosphere, kind of like going into downtown SF or something like that. It's basically a big outdoor mall with super overpriced stuff but it is still fun to go there and just walk around and look at things. There was a street magician there that put on a pretty good show and was really fun to watch. 
 
I don't know if I told you last week but our Ward choir is so tiny that Elder Cope and I joined it to help support even though we don't know how to read the music worth a darn. But luckily there are people there who are super good at adding the music so we can just follow them and sound halfway decent haha. The other problem is that transfers are this Thursday so it is very likely that one of us won't be there to sing the song that we have been practicing for this coming Sunday
 
And I'm sick again. Last time I got sick I ended up with a cold for about 2 months which ended up becoming a sinus infection. So I've probably got the same thing this week... Exciting. I'm just praying that it will go away without me having to go to the doctor to get antibiotics. 
 
This Wednesday we had interviews with President Vest. I remember Jeremy talking to me about how interviews were such a good experience for him and how they were some of the most memorable experiences of his mission. Well...not here. We go in, he looks at a little paper that we filled out, asks us if we have any questions for him and BOOM... next person. Unless you are being disobedient and then your interview goes from the normal 5 minutes to about 15-20 minutes. So I guess if you want to talk to President Vest on a more personal level the you just need to be disobedient. I think I'd rather avoid that haha. 
 
This week I was reading out of Preach My Gospel and found this quote "Avoid comparing yourself to other missionaries and measuring the outward results of your efforts against theirs. Remember that people have agency to choose whether to accept your message. Your responsibility is to teach clearly and powerfully so they can make a correct choice". I think this quote is applicable to all of us on many different levels. Obviously it applies to each one of us in the fact that we are all member missionaries, we should all be a support and a help to those around us wherever we may be. One of my favorite conference talks says "The lives of many great men will testify to you that ofttimes they have many failures, and there is no disgrace in falling down; the disgrace is lying there. To get up one more time than you fall is to be a winner. To stay down is to be a loser". I know that as we continue to live and share the gospel despite the challenges that we may encounter that we will have success in doing so and that we will be able to help others to improve their quality of life and come unto Christ. 
 
Sorry for the short letter this week. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about. I love you! Make it a great week!
 
   - Elder Nyholm
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment