Tuesday, January 6, 2015


Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 7:52 AM
 
This week went super well. It was great because we had an awesome Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas Day was about 50 degrees and sunny. Can't complain about that. And I found out that Kaylee and Carson Davis who I was teaching about 3 months ago in KCMO/Liberty are being baptized on January 3rd so I’m pretty stoked for that. 
 
It was pretty cool being able to call home and talk to everybody. Definitely the highlight of the week. It looks like everyone is doing great. I didn't realize how big my nieces and nephews are now. They're all super big and different from the last time I saw them. It was fun to be able to see how much they've all changed and grown.
 
So far we haven't had any snow. Everyone was saying during the summer that this winter would be the worst winter Missouri has ever seen. 1) People say that every single year I'm pretty sure. 2) We've only had about 2 inches of snow and very few days with really cold weather. I remember walking in about 8 inches of snow at this time last year. I'm just praying that the rest of the winter goes this smooth. If all goes well we will only have about 2 months of winter left :)
 
I read a scripture I really liked yesterday during my personal study. In 1 Corinthians 4:20 it says "The kingdom of God is not in word, but in power". I thought that was pretty awesome because it really goes to show that without action, any "faith" we have doesn’t really mean anything. The Love that we have for our Heavenly Father is shown by the amount that we serve his children and follow his commandments. Matthew 7:21 says basically the same thing when it says "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." NOW is the time that we can show our heavenly Father our true love for him by being obedient to his commandments and serving those around us.
 
I don't really have a lot more to talk about since I just talked to you on Christmas. Thank you everyone for the Christmas cards/gifts that you sent me. I love you all. Make it a great week and (quote from my favorite senior missionary Elder Atwood) "Give 'Em Heaven"!
 
      -Elder Nyholm 
 
Pictures : 1) How to fill up a font with hot water with short time
                2) The Davis Family and me
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment