Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 8:26 AM
Subject: Booted to KCMO, Belton

 
So I got transferred this week to the Belton area of Kansas City 3rd ward. Elder Spencer Monroe is my new companion. He's from Spanish Fork UT, 18 almost 19 (this week), plays basketball, etc... He was in the same MTC district as Ryan Gewondijan which I thought was pretty cool.
Belton is a pretty interesting place. The ward here is super supportive. We have 2 sets of missionaries in this ward, us in Belton and another set in Grandview. I'm still getting used to the place but it seems like it is going to be a pretty awesome area to serve in.
It seems like sickness is going all over the place. There are tons of sick people here and it seems like everyone at home is sick too. Never a good thing.
It's pretty cool that you were able to see that little news article that I was in. I guess our public affairs lady just set that up out of the blue and we just happened to be visiting with my pal Marco Cruz when they wanted to interview us. But yeah, that was a little bit of a surprise being able to do that.
A Scripture I really liked this week is Mosiah 18:21 which says "And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another." I thought this scripture was awesome because it shows the level of love and unity that our Heavenly Father expects of us as followers of Christ. We should always remember that our Heavenly Father expects our absolute best at every time and we should always give him our absolute best at every moment. If we do then we will never fall.
That's really about it for the week. I Love You!
   -Elder Nyholm
P.S. These are the pictures of our (not-so) band. Elder Monroe is the guy with the harmonica.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment